Saving you time and money while assuring revenues and increasing margins
Roscom’s uniquely designed technology has supported the global telecoms sector for more than 30 years ensuring accurate and calibrated measurements for billing, assuring revenues and uncovering hidden margins, while also providing independent and certified audits for regulators. Roscom is working with other sectors to ensure they are making the most from their digital transactions and keeping one step ahead of the competition and leading the way in best practice GRC.
Our technology allows for:
Our Tools Suite for Telecom/Fintech/Power & Utilities and E-commerce
It took nearly a century for a regulator to require a Total Metering and Billing System verification. We were the first to create a solution and we know we can prove we understand this topic more than anyone.
QoS systems were quick to evolve in the roll out of TACS/TDMA – we know we did the first national surveys for our regulator Ofcom. Since then only one company has been exclusively trusted to roll out a national QoE Emergency service network for a country anywhere in the world. We have the technology and approach to save you time and money on this activity, with references to prove it.
This is the new market leading solution evolved based on 30 years of experience. It’s our Inside Out and Outside In approach, proven to find twice as many issues as traditional TCG as well as prioritising and quantifying them.
Save time, enhance focus and deliver results of financial importance to your organisation.
We have designed our own SIM server or virtual SIM hardware tool. We did this to ensure we know how virtualisation works and so we can track it when it gets used in fraudulent activity inside your network so you can track it and eliminate it.
We have chosen to understand and decode SS7 data streams so we can import them and reconcile them to other data streams within your network, giving you a chance to better eliminate fraud.
This is our billing stream revenue mapper giving you the near real time understanding and therefore control over where your revenue streams come from and allowing you to set thresholds for alarms and change control variance.
This reconciliation module doesn’t reconcile numbers of CDR’s but the content of the CDR’s. After all, unless you’re selling CDR’s why do you want to reconcile the numbers of them?
Check speeds and assure billing. This is our hardware solution to interface to your broadband lines and generate calibration level traffic to ensure all your broadband controls work whether URL, age related content or throttling controls are all in operation as you need them.
Our Telecom Technology Tools
Independent Rating and Bundle Engine
Each test event that is generated by our Osprey™ platform can be rated, bundled and billed by our independent billing engine. This billing verification is carried out by first configuring the Osprey™ system with the published information that is available to the consumer. Then, the Osprey™ system matches and compares the expected pricing against the actual CDR pricing. Any differences in pricing or bundle application found by comparing the two sets of CDRs are reported as billing errors in the system.
We have developed our rating and bundle engine based on decades of experience in building tariffs and bundles. We are confident that any billing setup you have, our Osprey™ tool is capable of replicating for verification. Below are some of the engines features:
- Per unit pricing e.g. per second, per minute
- Price rounding to any decimal place e.g. round up, round nearest and round down
- Friends and family or closed user group reduced rates
- Special holiday reduced rates
- Boundary crossing e.g. peak to off peak
- On-net, off-net, regional, international, and roaming rating capabilities
Bundling and Promotion Capabilities
- Daily, weekly and monthly bundles
- Create any bundle reset value e.g. 1000 minutes, 2000 SMS, 100GB
- Bundle start and expiry times fully configurable
- Rollover value verification
- Equivalency reduction function e.g. 1 minute = 4 SMS
- Bundle activation via USSD and SMS
- Shared user bundles
- Cascading bundles e.g. once bundle A is depleted, then the subscriber swaps to using bundle B
5G Test Call Generator
Putting controls in place to assure 5G has never been so crucial. Our latest model of Test Call Generators (TCGs) have been designed and calibrated for 5G testing. This includes some of the vital data areas such as speed, throttling, metering and bundle depletion accuracy. As such, our TCGs can be recommended for assuring service availability, service delivery and revenue integrity.
An Independent Calibration Tool
- ±1 byte accuracy
- ±100 millisecond accuracy
Precision Engineered for Metering & Timing
- Compare the byte counts recorded from a customer perspective against any CDRs that have been generated in order to verify your expected business rules
- Reverse engineer or verify your data networks metering rules by using TCG packet capturing and URL breakdowns
- Roscom TCG tools have been BABT certified since 2008
Ready for Future, Past and Present
- Voice over New Radio
- VoLTE & Circuit Switch fallback
- Voice, Messaging, Data, Voicemail, Premium etc.
Micro Event Generator
Our Micro Event Generator (MEG) is a small form factor test event generator, designed to work with our Merlin™ network assurance tool. The MEG Unit performs end to end testing on a CSP’s Voice, Messaging and Data services, ensuring services are available and of a suitable quality. Its aesthetic design and simplicity to install allow the MEG unit to be deployed in public areas or be issued to end users.
Our MEG units can be used to identify issues, confirm customer reported issues, refine issue descriptions and provide accurate details of issue symptoms. In the case of change management and network fixes, MEG units can be used to verify the network is calibrated as expected and Voice, Messaging and Data services are working as required.
Our SIM Server provides a convenient centralised SIM management option to our already established Osprey™ Test Call Generation solution. Integrating a SIM server reduces the operational overheads of managing physical SIMs inside TCGs located in various geographical locations. This solution allows your test SIMs to travel anywhere in the world that a TCG has been installed.
Efficient, Centralised SIM Management
- SIMs are securely held at your local site for easy access.
- SIMs are automatically detected, minimising manual configuration.
- SIM boards are hot-swappable, minimising system downtime.
- Centralised SIMs are placed remotely into your test call generators.
Increased Capacity and Scalability
- Up to 400 SIMs can be deployed in a single SIM Server
- Each SIM Server supports 200+ concurrent connections for 100+mobile calls where TCG volume allows.
Maximised Test Scenario Flexibility
- Any test SIM can call any other test MSISDN
- Faster deployment to test new promotions.
- More space for testing legacy tariffs and provisions if required
- Optimises geographical coverage for roaming/interconnect.
- Compatible with 5G/4G/3G/2G SIMs