NEXT GENERATION TESTING
Telecom Evolution - A Game Changer
When 4G or 5G network availability is displayed on your device, it’s a great moment… no lag, no buffering just a solid fast connection, it really is a game changer. Each new generation providing better service delivery (i.e. higher speeds, lower latency). To assure this, mobile service providers require next generation testing tools.
Each time new/advanced technology is used to enable the next generation, we (Roscom) go back to the drawing board (in-house), design and upgrade Osprey™ TCG’s to be compatible with this new technology. Also, as we build on existing TCG infrastructure, it ensures backward compatibility (with previous generations).
So, what does that mean to operators? Put simply, if you are not in possession of a TCG that is compatible with any generation presently being used on your network, by your customers, how are you testing or assuring these? Your existing TCGs are not forward compatible, do you have a gap in your assurance framework?
Next Generation Technology
Varied technology through each generation:
- 2G: GSM standard (Global System for Mobile Communication) & digital
- 3G: UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunications System)
- 4G: MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output) and OFDM (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing)
- 5G: OFDM & NR (New Radio)
Ok, so hopefully that’s a bit clearer now, not too detailed but enough to understand the technology differences between each generation, and hence further understand the need for new TCG generation technology to maximise assurance.
Roscom have engineered and built Test Call Generators for each generation to give you confidence (Accuracy), that your record integrity is at an optimum level, enabling you to identify key assurance issues for resolution.
5G Test Call Generator
Our latest TCG helps you put controls in place to assure 5G. Our latest model of Test Call Generator (TCG) has been designed and calibrated for 5G testing. This includes some of the vital data areas such as speed, throttling, metering and bundle depletion accuracy. As such, our TCGs can be recommended for assuring service availability, service delivery and revenue integrity.
An Independent Calibration Tool
- ±1 byte accuracy
- ±100 millisecond accuracy
Precision Engineered for Metering & Timing
- Compare the byte counts recorded from a customer perspective against any CDRs that have been generated in order to verify your expected business rules
- Reverse engineer or verify your data networks metering rules by using TCG packet capturing and URL breakdowns
- Roscom TCG tools have been BABT certified since 2008
Ready for Future, Past and Present
- Voice over New Radio (VoNR)
- VoLTE & Circuit Switch Fallback
- Voice, Messaging, Data, Voicemail, Premium etc.
You May Also Be Interested In
Roscom also provide short-term assurance testing for new product launches (inc next generation deployment)
One of the complications facing ISPs is proving to regulators that internet services are delivered to consumers in accordance with contractual agreements. See how TCG can help.
To measure the compliance of telecoms traffic, you need a tool that can measure the accuracy at a great order of magnitude than the regulation. See how our tools accomplish this.